Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:50:50 +0200

Hi Jannis,

2013/5/24 Jannis <address@hidden>:
> Hi Auctex users,
>

> is there any way to activate aome sort of autocompletion feature for all
> Latex commands but not for the normal text?
>
> There seems to be some sort of autocompletion when I hit
>
> C-c C-m
>
> but it only seems to offer very limited (e.g. \includefigure is not offered)
> and it will not give any environment suggestions when I type \begin{...
>
> Predictive mode seems to quiet comfortable, but is there a way to switch it
> off for normal text?

It's explained in the very first lines of AUCTeX manual, you should
check it out: add the following lines to your initialization file
  (setq TeX-auto-save t)
  (setq TeX-parse-self t)
  (setq-default TeX-master nil)
In this way you'll have autocompletion for macros with C-c C-m and for
environments with C-c C-e.

Bye,
Mosè