Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold problem

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold problem
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:01:18 +0100

Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Joost,

> I'm experiencing an inconsistency with TeX-fold-mode in paragraphs
> that are only visually wrapped. When the cursor is at the beginning of
> a folded area and I hit C-n or <down> (i.e., the cursor down key), the
> cursor moves *up* by an unpredictable number of lines, instead of
> moving to the next (visual) line. Similarly, if I hit C-p or <up>, the
> cursor does not move to the previous visual line, it jumps to the
> beginning of the paragraph.
>
> I get the effect with any folded area, but it goes away when I fill the
> paragraph with M-q. It only occurs when a paragraph is displayed with
> continuation lines or in visual-line-mode (which is what I'm actually
> using).

I've just tried folding with AUCTeX from CVS and a current Emacs 24 bzr
version.  I enabled `visual-line-mode', written some multi-visual-line
long comment and folded that, so that

  %...

was displayed.  When I move point accross it, it does the right thing,
no jumping of point at all.

What AUCTeX version are you using?  And do you have a minimal sample tex
file that exhibits the problem for you?

Bye,
Tassilo