Re: [AUCTeX] quotes are not converted according to babel-language but al

From: Florian Ahrweiler
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] quotes are not converted according to babel-language but always into "German quotes"
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:01:22 +0200

On 09.10.2012 09:17, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Florian,

why does auctex convert the quotes-input " always to
"German-quotes", i.e. "` and "'?

I have to confess that just adding \usepackage[ngerman]{babel} using
C-c RET to an existing document didn't work for me, although both
TeX-parse-self and TeX-auto-save are t.  I had to explicitly load
ngerman.el here...

Hi Tassilo,

thank you for your comments. By chance I found that the problem arises only if I have more than one language option loaded, e.g. \usepackage[ngerman,american]{babel}. Regardless of the order of language-options, AUCTeX used the German quotes.

Can't AUCTeX handle more than one language option?

CU, Florian

Florian Ahrweiler
address@hidden