Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-label-alist for ctable package

From: Michael Bach
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-label-alist for ctable package
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:16:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Tassilo,

> > The ctable macro has the following exemplary structure:
> >
> > \ctable[
> >   pos = htbp,
> >   cap = shortcap,
> >   caption = longcap,
> >   label = tab:me,
> >   ]{lll}{
> >   \tnote{Who is that guy?}
> >   }{
> > \FL
> > Me & Myself & I
> > \ML
> > how & are & you? \NN
> > I\tnote& am & fine
> > \LL
> > }
>
> Oh, yes, those nasty keyval thingies.  Once I tried to get listings
> working and failed just like you.
>
> Could you try the attached patch?  It's against the reftex version in
> the current emacs trunk, but those files don't change that often, so
> probably it'll apply against the latest release as well.

I am running the emacs-for-windows[1] based on the bzr snapshot 106722 which is
working fine for me - and, more importantly, was built on 20121223 :) Anyway,
the files did not change as you said and I applied the patch.

> Ah, and one restriction: You have to write labels like so
>
>   [..., label={tab:foo}, ...]
>
> that is, no spaces around the =, and the {} are mandatory.  That could
> probably be relaxed a bit, but maybe you'd get false positives then...

This is no big deal because of yasnippet (for new files) and keyboard macros
(for old files)...

> I tried it with the attached tex file and it seems to work for ctable
> and listings (which I added, but the context isn't that good).

It also works for my ctables in my (org) files.  This has bothered me a long
time, thanks for the quick patch!

Bye,
Michael

[1] http://code.google.com/p/emacs-for-windows/