Re: [AUCTeX] First try at the Biber support merge

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] First try at the Biber support merge
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:34:03 -0400

On 7/24/2012 3:12 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Tassilo,

One difference between your and my patch is that with mine,

   C-c [ <tab>

showed a completions buffer when being at the `reftex-citation' prompt.
With your patch, <tab> just says [No match].

This feature is in fact broken in the current (unpatched) CVS version,
but it works with Philip's version and my patch against CVS trunk.  It
would be awesome if you could have a look at this.

Since this is broken in the current (unpatched) CVS head, I would think the way to proceed would be to do a bisection between 11.86 and CVS head to see which commit broke it. (I'm assuming that it works in 11.86.) I tried to do this myself, but I ran into two problems. First, I'm not proficient in using cvs, and I didn't know how to do the bisection. Everything I tried messed up my auctex checkout, and I had to keep restarting. Second, I found that the problem occurred in some of my tex files but not all.

It would probably be good to have a minimal example in which it fails. And can you give me a recipe for doing the bisection so that I don't have to study the cvs manual?

Ken