Re: [AUCTeX] Unprivileged install

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Unprivileged install
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:01:54 +0900

Hello,
** Philipp Haselwarter [2011-10-06 09:09:35 +0200]:

> Makes no difference…here's what the buffer looks like after C-c C-p C-b:
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/2011100613178834301920x.png/

This was my first guess.

Anyway, I don't know 1) what OS do you use and 2) what TeX distribution you
have.

Try in terminal
$ kpsewhich preview.sty

Also, can you public somewhere your .emacs file with relevant settings?

I am AUCTeX user but I don't use preview at all but I tried on some
of my documents: 1) add "preview-latex.el" to my .emacs (according to
manual) and 2) w/o changing anything in document run C-c C-p C-p in Emacs.
Further, I looked with _region_.log file and found that  preview.sty
from TL2011, installed system-wide, was used.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!