[AUCTeX] Synctex problems

From: Ettore Aldrovandi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Synctex problems
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:43:45 -0400

Hello,

since switching to texlive 2011, I started having problems with
synchronization.  When using correlate IO, AucTeX 11.86 hangs. I
switched to the dev version from CVS, and then it always returns page
1.

>From previous postings the list, and perusing tex.el, it seems due to
the input passed to synctex view: if file.tex is the source, then
file.synctex.gz contains

1:/path/to/dir/./file.tex

where /path/to/dir is the (absolute) path of the working directory.
Toying around with synctex view directly shows that the third parameter
to -i needs to be exactly in that format, otherwise you get "SyncTeX
Warning: No tag for..." Thus, passing file.tex or ./file.tex, appears
to be wrong.

Unfortunately I don't really read (let alone speak) lisp.  I hope this
is not too wrong. But the obvious question is: what do I need to do to
fix it?

Thanks,
--Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University