Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: citing process

From: Frederik
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: citing process
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:35:58 +0200

Am 10.04.2011 19:34, schrieb Ralf Angeli:
AFAICS you can only choose between \cite{a}\cite{b} (inserted with `A')
and \cite{a,b} (inserted with `a').  The syntax you want does not seem
to be very common.

Hm, it's the biblatex-way of citing several references in a single footnote. This way of citing is quite common in the humanities and biblatex provides very good support for these purposes. I just meant, that it shouldn't be too difficult to support this syntax...

This is annoying; is there a way to get all my bib-entries in the
selection window when I just hit enter?

That would defeat the purpose of the regexp proposal.  Or do you want to
get rid of the feature?  I couldn't find a switch for that.  But in
cases like yours I simply type `.' before<RET>  and then get all
entries.  This is probably not too unconvenient.  The doc string of
`reftex-citation' mentions that `=' can be used as well.

Ah, cool I didn't realize that - Thanks.

Regards,
Fred

--
Frederik