Re: [AUCTeX] Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (ori

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (original question posted to tex.sx)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:28:02 +0800

** Faheem Mitha [2011-03-20 13:09:28 +0530]:

> I asked the following question about customizing PDFLaTeX with
> AUCTeX at tex.stackexchange.com,
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/12243/customizing-pdflatex-for-a-particular-file-with-auctex

> However, the suggestions given there, specifically the per-file
> solution given by  David Andrews, namely

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
> %%% End:

> looks like it should work, but doesn't. Emacs does recognize that
> I'm trying to set something and gives a warning, but it still
> doesn't work. I tried it with emacs -q in case something in my
> .emacs was messing stuff up, but it doesn't make any difference.
> What am I missing, if anything? Please CC me on any reply. Thanks.

Do you try to use 'pdflatex' instead of 'latex'? IMO, (I didn't check that),
the 'LaTeX-command' is exactly what AUCTeX would execute.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
British education is probably the best in the world, if you can survive
it.  If you can't there is nothing left for you but the diplomatic corps.