[AUCTeX] Re: How to make biber the default?

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: How to make biber the default?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:59:02 +0100

* Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Unfortunately C-c C-c always suggests BiBTeX to run next and I always
>> have to manually enter "biber" to override the BiBTex default.

> If you always use biber you can customize `TeX-command-BibTeX'.

Well, I don't always use biber but for a large document I'm working on
/now/ I switched to biber completely. So I changed the above mentioned
variable in my local emacs_tex.el.

> Theoretically the variable could also be set automatically and
> buffer-locally by a style file for biblatex.  However, the style system
> does not pick up key=value options, so no "biber" style will show up
> when calling `TeX-style-list'.

Hm, sorry, this paragraph I don't understand. Will it be possible for
future versions of AUCTeX to automatically detect the bibliography
backend that should be used for the specific document? Of course this is
not urgent but I think it would be a nice feature request/wishlist.

Gruß,
Marcus
--
"And I find it kind of funny