Re: [AUCTeX] reftex's toc to relocate sections

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex's toc to relocate sections
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:26:14 +0100

* Michael Friedlander (2010-12-13) writes:

> Another kind of sectional reorganization that TOC would be useful for
> is to move sections "up" or "down",  ie, reorder
>
> 1.1 Foo
> 1.2 Bar
>
> into
>
> 1.1 Bar
> 1.2 Foo
>
> While editing papers I often cut/paste entire (sub)sections in order to
> see what the revised document will  look like. it's a tedious process,
> and it seems that TOC could help here.

Yup, I think this would be a nice feature.  Taking it a bit further one
could also think about cut and paste.

> If this feature doesn't already
> exist, how difficult would it be to implement?

If RefTeX already knows the boundaries of a section (or at least knows
how to determine them) then it's probably not too difficult.  Handling
of multi-file documents might be a bit tricky, though.