Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Missing latex macros

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Missing latex macros
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:06:50 +0100

* Brian Elmegaard (2010-11-28) writes:

> This works to some extent:
> (let ((TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter nil))
>    (TeX-search-files (append TeX-macro-private TeX-macro-global)
> '("sty") t t))
> ("preview" "a0size" "abstract" "natmove" "achemso" "aecompl" "ae"
> "agupp" "aguplus" "algorithmic" "algorithm" "upref" ...)
>
> But still it give me only preview when used in a tex-file buffer.

Yes, this was just a test for diagnostic purposes.

It looks like kpsewhich in MiKTeX does not work anymore as it used to.
At the moment your options are either to use TeX Live instead of MiKTeX
or to do `M-x customize-variable <RET> TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter
<RET>' and set the value of the variable to nil.

Don't you load tex-mik.el?  That should have done this automatically,
unless you customized the variable.

In the long run AUCTeX should probably use facilities provided by MiKTeX
to determine where TeX trees are located, but last time I looked (which
was some months ago) I could not find any.