Re: [AUCTeX] New environment and newline

From: Dr. Vinay Wagh
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New environment and newline
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:37:19 +0530

I finally found the culprit...
Somewhere in my .emacs, I had the following custom-set-variable:
(comment-auto-fill-only-comments t)

Just commenting this line works... (But now my comments are not formatted the way they used to be...)

So can somebody explain what this variable has to do with the auctex behaviour?

-- VInay

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
* Vinay Wagh (2010-11-12) writes:

> Wow!!! This works... I mean with these command line options, I am
> getting the desired output, the newlines are properly adjusted...
>
> So now, what could be the problem?  Is it with my .emacs?

Most likely.  Or in the site init file.  If you start Emacs with `emacs
-q -l auctex' and the problem does not show up, then it's in your user
init file.  You should be able to find the culprit by bisecting your
user init file, i.e. commenting half of the problematic code until you
know which statement is to blame.