Re: [AUCTeX] Preview doesn't work in Auctex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preview doesn't work in Auctex
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:45:14 +0100

* Christian Bourjau (2010-11-08) writes:

> I even tried to load the preview part separately by typing "(load "preview-
> latex.el")" followed by hitting c-j. I get the following message:

> Invalid image size (see `max-image-size')

That looks like an image is loaded right after preview-latex.el.  I
dunno why that would happen.

What's the value of `max-image-size'?  You can get it with `C-h v
max-image-size <RET>'.

> I'm using emacs 23.1.1 on pclinuxos. Any help is greatly apreciated

Did you compile Emacs and AUCTeX yourself?

Are there any load-path shadows shown if you do `M-x
list-load-path-shadows <RET>'.

Also, does it work if you start Emacs with the following command?

emacs -Q -l auctex -l preview-latex