[AUCTeX] Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [AUCTeX] Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:14:03 +0100

Hi all,

I have a tex file containing this line/paragraph:

VIATRA2\footnote{\url{http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/VIATRA2/}, last visited
04.11.2010} (\emph{VIsual Automated model TRAnsformations}) is a
general-purpose framework for engineering model transformations.  For
representing both metamodel and models, the framework provides its own
representation called \emph{VPM model space}.

Hitting M-q on it with a fill-column of 79 fills is to

VIATRA2
\footnote{\url{http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/VIATRA2/}, last visited 04.11.2010}
(\emph{VIsual Automated model TRAnsformations}) is a general-purpose framework
for engineering model transformations.  For representing both metamodel and
models, the framework provides its own representation called \emph{VPM model
space}.

which is not what I would expect.  If I put an active region around the
paragraph and hit M-q again, it is filled to

VIATRA2 \footnote{\url{http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/VIATRA2/}, last visited
04.11.2010} (\emph{VIsual Automated model TRAnsformations}) is a
general-purpose framework for engineering model transformations.  For
representing both metamodel and models, the framework provides its own
representation called \emph{VPM model space}.

which is what I expect.

What's the problem with that single paragraph?  All other paragraphs
fill just fine.  Maybe the nested parens and braces confuse
`LaTeX-fill-paragraph'?

Bye,
Tassilo