[AUCTeX] Re: Language support

From: Mathias Lindner
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Language support
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:31:14 +0000 (UTC)

Mathias Lindner <mathias.lindner <at> web.de> writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:
>
> > You load preview-latex, but it looks like you never load AUCTeX.  Is it
> > loaded in a site startup file?
>
> No idea, I have only created this .emacs file. But when I open a tex-file,
> AucTeX starts. Mostly, a menu entry LaTeX is created. In the mentioned case of
> this header file only a TeX menu entry was shown.
> What line should I add to force AucTex to be loaded?

Never mind, I have found the correct command to load auctex and tex-mik.

The behaviour doesn't change though. Still this header is recognized as
plain-tex (if the correct variable is not set) and the el-file is not written.

BTW: How can I force AucTeX to re-parse the (or better all) files? Or does it
always happen during the save process?

Cheers,
Mathias