[AUCTeX] Preview-latex questions

From: Boris Hollas
Subject: [AUCTeX] Preview-latex questions
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 22:15:06 +0200

I have several questions related to the display of latex commands in the
buffer, in particular in preview-latex mode:

- I have \newcommand*{\defi}[1] {\emph{#1}}. Is it possible to make
\defi{..} appear in italic or bold in the buffer?

- I have environments like

        \begin{algorithm}[H]
        \If{cond}{
          \Goto{$M_i$}
        }
        \end{algorithm}

or

  \begin{center}
  \VCDraw{\begin{VCPicture}{(0,-1)(5,4)}
    \StateVar[\textbf{if }x=0]{(0,1.5)}{I}
    \StateVar[M_0]{(5,3)}{J}
    \StateVar[M_1]{(5,0)}{N}
    \LoopN[.5]{I}{0/0,L}
    \EdgeL{I}{J}{\Box/\Box,N}
    \EdgeR{I}{N}{1/1,N}
  \end{VCPicture}}
  \end{center}
  (

or
  \begin{center}
  \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(1,2)
    \psframe(0,0)(1.5,1.8)
    \pcline[linestyle=none](0,0)(1.5,0)
    \naput{$M_K$}
    \pcline{->}(-2,0.9)(0,0.9)
    \naput{$\code M$}
    \pcline{->}(1.5,1.4)(3,1.4)
    \naput{$ja$}
    \pcline{->}(1.5,0.4)(3,0.4)
    \naput{$nein$}
  \end{pspicture}
  \end{center}

that I don't want to appear within the surrounding text, ie not as a
separate figure. Preview-latex doesn't render them correctly. Can this
be fixed?

- I use Latex-commands for German quotes, as in
{\glqq}Turing-berechenbar{\grqq}. Can Auctex show these as quotes, as in
„Turing-berechenbar“ or "Turing-berechenbar"?

- Is it possible to outline environments for definition, theorem, proof
to make them more visible in the buffer?

I'd like to accomplish this with entries in my .emacs because I find the
customization buffer quite confusing.

-Boris