[AUCTeX] found a problem with {comment} environment

From: Siim Sepman
Subject: [AUCTeX] found a problem with {comment} environment
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:47:20 +0200

Hello,

I actually don't need help anymore, cause I managed to pinpoint the
source of the problem that caused the .tex files not to compile. I
posted it in order to maybe save someone from having an headache over
this. It's actually not so trivial, because when I look at the code
which produces the error, everything seems to be FINE.

I have \usepackage{comment} in the preamble

So.. when I have
[CODE]
\begin{comment}
1\/3549857--18()*&@#)(*$&address@hidden)(
\end{comment}
[/CODE]
... you get no problems.

But if I have
[CODE]
\begin{comment}%/**************************************************
asdf
\end{comment}%****************************************************/
[/CODE]
... that I would've used to make comments easier to distinguish, I get:
[CODE]
ERROR: File ended while scanning use of \next.

--- TeX said ---
<inserted text>
                \par
l.40 \include{newabstr}