Re: [AUCTeX] Insert tilde before cite macro

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Insert tilde before cite macro
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:45:06 +0200

* Jim Burton (2010-03-30) writes:

> Hi, I am using Gnu Emacs 23.1.1, AUCTeX 11.86-1 and have set
> reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX. When I insert a \ref macro I get a tilde
> before it. How do I get this behaviour with \cite too?

For citations, AFAICS there is no automatism which checks if there is a
blank before the current cursor position or not and adds a tilde in the
latter case.  But you could define your own citation style which
provides both a variant with and a variant without the tilde.  See
(info "(reftex)Citation Styles") and
(info "(reftex)Options (Creating Citations)") for information about
citation styles and their customization.