Re: [AUCTeX] Make "french" babel's option recognized

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Make "french" babel's option recognized
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:14:11 +0100

* Denis Bitouzé (2010-03-15) writes:

> would it be possible to let "french" babel's option be recognized by
> auctex?

Theoretically, yes.  But I intentionally didn't support "french" because
the name is used both for the babel option and for french.sty from the
FrenchPro package.  The frenchb support shouldn't be loaded when
somebody uses the latter.  ("\usepackage{french}" and
"\usepackage[french]{babel}" looks almost identical to AUCTeX.)  Perhaps
it would be possible to prevent loading frenchb support when "babel" or
"frenchpro" is also present, but I haven't checked this.