[AUCTeX] Several question on Auctex

From: Muhammad Najmi Ahmad Zabidi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Several question on Auctex
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 23:47:36 +0800

Hello,

I am new to Auctex, currently have several questions.

I got two machines running LaTeX, one with Ubuntu and another one Windows XP with Cygwin.

Ubuntu:
-I want to have split screen in my emacs, this is my ~/.emacs

(load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
(load "auctex.el" nil t t)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)

But instead of having split screen, it only shows the preview in the current page whenever I invoke to command in emacs-gtk.

Win XP:
Here I tried to compile my auctex after I got my XEmacs and emacs installed. Does xemacs-sumo is compulsory for xemacs?
I got this error out :

Compiling /home/Najmi/auctex-11.85/tex-jp.el...
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/Najmi/auctex-11.85/tex-jp.el:
  !! Symbol's function definition is void ((regexp-opt))
>>Error occurred processing tex-jp.el:
Symbol's function definition is void: regexp-opt

Done
make: *** [lisp] Error 1