[AUCTeX] TeX-clean misbehaviour

From: FabioL
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-clean misbehaviour
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I need some help please.

I defined a shortcut:
(define-key TeX-mode-map (kbd "<f5>")
               (lambda ()
                 (interactive)
                 (save-buffer)
                 (TeX-command-menu "LaTeX")
                 (TeX-command-menu "Clean")))

When using this shortcut there is an error "(void-variable
-clean-intermediate-suffixes)" in TeX-clean. When I run TeX-clean via M-x
everything works right. My guess is that in the shortcut case,
TeX-mode-prefix returns nil and -clean-intermediate-suffixes gets passed
where it should be prepended by TeX or LaTeX.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Fabio

System:
ubuntu snapshot package GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1
ubuntu auctex package