[AUCTeX] Re: is it possible to insert such a symbol?

From: Leo
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: is it possible to insert such a symbol?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:39:59 +0100

On 2009-04-23 07:53 +0100, peng shao wrote:
>>> Hi everyone, I just moved from vim+latex-suite to emacs+auctex, so
>>> I am really a newbie on this combination. I remember in
>>> latex-suite there is a function such that if you input $$, then
>>> you should get $your cursor here$<++> and by pressing ctrl+j you
>>> can move your cursor to the position <++>. In texworks, there is
>>> even a more convenient way to realize this: texworks inserts a
>>> dot'(unicode 0x2022) at a proper position and by pressing ctrl+tab
>>> one can be leaded there.
>> How is this used?  Is the idea that point is first put inside the
>> dollar signs for editing math and then typing C-j or C-TAB
>> respectively to jump out of it for continuing editing subsequent
>> text? I did not read the manual of auctex carefully(sorry for that),
>> but I wonder
>>> if > it is possible to make auctex to realize such function, it is
>>really > convenient for me. This shouldn't be too difficult, but it
>>would be good to know more about its purpose as mentioned above.
> Thank you very much for your reply, yes what I desired is exactly the
> function as you mentioned. I like this function because sometimes I
> need to insert a complicated formula frequently, and in this formula
> there are many coefficients to be completed. So such function makes me
> jump from the position of one coefficient to another easily.

Isn't $$ for inline maths and usually for simple expressions? Could you
use C-e to move your curor to the end or C-s when it is surrounded by
text?

Make it possible to press $ and get $|$ (where '|' indicates cursor
position) when it isn't right after '\' is something I think AUCTeX may
have.

--
.: Leo :. [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ] .: I use Emacs :.