Re: [AUCTeX] Produce pdf by default

From: Ed C.
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Produce pdf by default
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:33:21 -0500

Damian Nadales wrote:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
* Damian Nadales (2009-04-09) writes:

I would like to configure Auctex so that it produces pdf by default.
I've tried in my init file
    (setq TeX-PDF-mode t)
But without any results.
You will need `setq-default'.  Or use `M-x customize-variable <RET> ...'
as described in the AUCTeX manual.
I don't like using customize, it produces a very large file for simple
things (yes, I'm and idiot, I know). I also tried
    (setq-default TeX-PDF-mode t)

Here it added only:

 '(TeX-PDF-mode t)

under (custom-set-variables...
This is shorter than what you wanted to manually insert in .emacs

Also, these things can be factored out of .emacs and put into a custom-file.
See manual 57.2.4

But without any result.