Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview

From: J . Burton
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:03:05 +0000

At Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:35:29 +0000,
address@hidden wrote:

> Hi, when I preview a document with graphics in with C-c C-p C-d, the
> preview stops after the first graphic. That, is, the first section,
> subsections, formulae etc are shown in preview, as is the the first
> figure but after that the preview stops and I just see the TeX. I am
> using ubuntu Intrepid, Emacs 23.0.60.1, AUCTeX 11.84. I compile to
> pdf and the graphics I include are pdfs. This was happening at
> first with a largeish document but I recreated with one that was just
> two pages and two graphics.

Something related to this that seems to happen sporadically is that if
I have evince (the pdf viewer I use) open with a copy of the document
in it, previewing in AUCTeX will result in evince loading a pdf
document that consists of separate pages for all the preview items,
formulae, section titles etc as well as graphics. Obviously, I'd
like those to appear in the buffer, not evince.

Jim

[snip]