Re: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.85; preview not rendering jpeg images

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.85; preview not rendering jpeg images
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:10:13 +0100

* Sivaram Neelakantan (2009-01-08) writes:

> The plots seem to come out bleached i.e. dark lines on a mostly white
> background.  Can anything be done about that?  If it is of any help,
> my Emacs screen is white on black (std. telnet screen colour)

I cannot reproduce this.  I usually use black on white, but when
creating a frame with
M-: (make-frame '((background-color . "black") (foreground-color . "white")))
and running `preview-document' on circ.tex I get the following result:

PNG image

This is with development versions of Emacs and AUCTeX.

I don't know how you start Emacs and how you tell Emacs to have a white
on black display, but perhaps there is some problem in the recognition
of this configuration by Emacs or preview-latex.