Re: [AUCTeX] Bug: TeX-find-balanced-brace

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Bug: TeX-find-balanced-brace
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:43:04 +0100

Plamen Tanovski <address@hidden> writes:

> TeX-find-balanced-brace doesn't work if there are unbalanced
> parentheses or brackets in between, like \textit{1) test}
>
> The function should modify temporary the syntax table to do the pair
> matching only for the braces. Unfortunately I have no idea how to
> change temporary the syntax table. save-excursion doesn't restore it
> afterwards.

with-syntax-table uses a different syntax table.  Restoring things that
should only ever be temporarily changed can be done using unwind forms:

unwind-protect is a special form in `C source code'.

(unwind-protect bodyform unwindforms...)

Do bodyform, protecting with unwindforms.
If bodyform completes normally, its value is returned
after executing the unwindforms.
If bodyform exits nonlocally, the unwindforms are executed anyway.

[back]

--
David Kastrup