[AUCTeX] Re: Strange things with AUCTeX-CVS toolbar

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Strange things with AUCTeX-CVS toolbar
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:26:36 +0200

* Angelo Graziosi (2008-09-07) writes:

> If, now, I close Emacs (C-x C-c) with save desktop enabled and then
> restart Emacs, the file foo.tex is reloaded, the toolbar shows only the
> icon a) b) d) for DVI files _BUT_ 'Command/Texing Options/Generate PDF
> files' is still selected and cliking 'a) Run LaTeX (DVI)' generates PDF
> file not DVI. 'b) Run Viewer (XDVI)' runs xpdf not xdvi!

It looks like the minor mode variable value of TeX PDF mode is restored
but the minor mode function is not called.  The latter runs
`toolbarx-refresh' through the minor mode hook.

What do people think about adding `TeX-PDF-mode' to `minor-mode-alist'
which will make `desktop-save' recognize TeX PDF mode as a minor mode to
be restored and remove the additions to `desktop-locals-to-save' we do
at the end of tex.el?  I dunno why we deal with `desktop-locals-to-save'
at all.