Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:50:15 -0400

address@hidden a écrit sur 2008/08/28 18:21:21
:

> Ralf,
>
> * Ralf Angeli wrote (on 8/28/2008 11:29 AM):
> > * Tassilo Horn (2008-08-28) writes:
> >
> >> If there's an error in my document I cannot jump to it with `C-c `'
> >> (`TeX-next-error').  What happens is that my window is split in two
> >> parts.  The first shows an empty buffer "Web2C 7.5.6" and the second
> >> shows the latex error output.
> >
> > There is likely an unbalanced parenthesis in the log.  Simply activate
> > file:line:error output for LaTeX and the problem should go away.
> >

> This is interesting.  How do you do this?

Thanks Mark, I thought I was the only one not understanding whant " Simply
activate
file:line:error output for LaTeX" means!  I also have the same problem
quite regularly.  Please Ralf be more explicit for the ones of us who were
not born from elisp parents.

Thanks,
> mark

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Planification et Développement des Marchés,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: address@hidden

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards