Re: [AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:04:28 +0100

David,

>> OK, I didn't realise their was a forum rule to bottom post, the
>> default in gmail is to top post,
>
> No.  The default is to leave the cursor at the top of the included lines
> so that you can go through the included stuff and _delete_ everything
> not relevant to your reply before adding your reply directly below the
> pertinent lines giving the _relevant_ context.

Ah OK, in fact that is what I normally do, unless there is only a
small amount of text in the original.   But if loads of text is left
in the reply I prefer top posting so I don't need to trawl through
reams of text to find the new bit of text, but I am happy to comply
with the different forum norms.

Graham