[AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem

From: Graham Smith
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:12:45 +0100

2008/8/12 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>

> * Graham Smith (2008-08-12) writes:
>
> > Thanks, but I am afraid I'm not exactly sure how to do this.  I shall do a
> > bit of reading, but it seems its a problem that has been reported by several
> > Aquamacs users after upgrading to the latest version..
> >
> > I can't find any specific reverences to the problem on Linux however.
>
> If you start a terminal, does the command `which pdflatex' show the path
> to the executable?  In case it does, start Emacs from that terminal with
> `emacs -Q -l auctex'.  Does the LaTeX command work in that case?
>
> Besides, please don't top-post and please don't clog the intertubes with
> HTML mail.
>
> --
> Ralf

OK, I didn't realise their was a forum rule to bottom post, the
default in gmail is to top post, which I much prefer anyway, so unless
bottom posting is specifically required, I leave it at top posting.
I also didn't realise that Gmail was sending as HTML. I can't find an
option to default to plain text, but I can manually change each email,
so I will try to remember to do this for you. Text is my normal
default for email clients so will persevere to see if I can switch
HTML off.

Having searched the internet a bit more, it seems that this is a known
intermittent fault,  and now that I have tried again, its working in
both my Linux and Mac boxes, even though neither were working
yesterday, even when the same files were compiling fine with other
editors.

So while irrelevant now, "which latex" on the Mac gives me a directory
of /usr/texbin/pdflatex and on ubuntu /usr/bin/pdflatex. and the -Q
switch wasn't recognised on the Mac

Any way, I suspect I now just wait for a bug fix and hope it doesn't
return. Its been a bad three days with me not managing to get anything
done because of one mysterious problem after another,  so I appreciate
you trying to help.

Graham