Re: [AucTeX] Comment filling : I would like to make a contribution

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AucTeX] Comment filling : I would like to make a contribution
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:10:11 +0200

Ralf Angeli a écrit :
* Vincent Belaïche (2008-08-08) writes:

I think that this can be usefull for some other users (e.g. if you have a table within a comment, you would not like
filling to destroy the column alignments in the table).

I could not find that such a possibility already exists in AucTeX. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Tables are not filled in comments when calling `fill-paragraph' if they
are mentioned in `LaTeX-indent-environment-list' (which is the default)
and if `LaTeX-syntactic-comments' is non-nil (which is also the
default).  So if tables are filled in your case when typing `M-q' you
probably customized one of these options.

Bonjour,

I am afraid that I was unclear about what I meant. Sorry for that. Actually I was talking about kind of text like tables like the one you make with Emacs table-capture. An egocentric example is below:

+--------------------+--------------------+
|First name          |Surname             |
|Vincent             |Belaïche            |
|Ralf                |Angeli              |

Actually, this was just an example of use. The real reason why I need this function is that I have developed a small Preprocessor in Elisp (which I called Eupp). This pre-processor is quite immature yet, but maybe one day I'll make it public. The Eupp code is embedded inside special comments delimited by some reserved characters. So I need that these special comments (that are indeed not comment, but embedded Elisp code) be not destroyed by the comment filling.

Salut,
  Vincent.

If you want some pre-pre-alpha version of Eupp, I can send this to you.

PS: Please don't forget to make me explicitly in "To" as I am not subscribed to address@hidden