Re: [AUCTeX] Fwd: The results of your email commands

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Fwd: The results of your email commands
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:01:06 +0200

* robert coleman (2008-06-16) writes:

>> I am using aquamacs, auctex and skim.
[...]
>> Can I use pdfsync to go from my typeset document to an input file?

According to the Skim Wiki at
<URL:http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/LaTeX_and_PDFSync#Considerations_for_Emacs>
this should be possible.

>> Can I use pdfsync to go from my tex file to my typeset document?

According to the Skim Wiki at
<URL:http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/LaTeX_and_PDFSync#Setting_up_Emacs>
this should be possible.  (Note that you should not use `(require
'tex-site)' as proposed on the web site, especially if you are using
Aquamacs which, AFAIK, loads AUCTeX per default.

I don't know if Aquamacs supports the stuff mentioned above out of the
box.  The AUCTeX version shipped with Aquamacs is altered by the
Aquamacs developers and they usually don't bother contributing their
additions back upstream.

>> How Can I use pdfsync if I am using plain tex?

According to the pdfsync home page at
<URL:http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/pdfsync.html> this should be
possible.