[AUCTeX] preview of itemize

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: [AUCTeX] preview of itemize
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:27:17 +0200

Hi,

    I am having a small problem to preview itemize
    environments. I just see the 'dots' of the items, but
    there is no text.
    I am using emacs 22.1.1 and auctex 11.84 with these
    settings in my tex file for preview:

\usepackage[sections,displaymath,textmath,graphics,floats]{preview}
\PreviewEnvironment{itemize}
\PreviewEnvironment{enumerate}
\PreviewEnvironment{verbatim}
\PreviewEnvironment{equation}
\PreviewMacro[!]{\label}
\PreviewMacro[!]{\cite}
\PreviewMacro[!]{\ref}

\ifPreview
\AtBeginDocument{\RequirePackage[dvips]{color}
\pagecolor{black}
\color{white}}
\fi
\usepackage{color}

I use these local variables:

% Local Variables:
% default-input-method: "german-postfix"
% Local IspellDict: german8
% mode: latex
% TeX-master: "master"
% latex-mode: t
% preview-scale-function: 1.3
% reftex-mode: t
% cdlatex-mode: t
% End:

The preview works well for all other environments; it works
in PDF mode, but I get the mentioned problem with the
'source specials' to get dvi!?

Would be nice, if anyone has a suggestion.

Greetings!
 Fabian