[AUCTeX] PDF Forward search

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] PDF Forward search
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:54:10 +0200

Hello,
I am trying to make forward-search with PDF files work.
As you may or may not know Sumatra PDF for Windows just added support for forward search. According to the author (of this feature) this is the first PDF viewer to support this on Windows. See:
  http://william.famille-blum.org/blog/index.php?entry=entry080514-043933
and: http://william.famille-blum.org/blog/index.php?entry=entry080515-065447

I gathered this from the AUCTeX manual:
For PDF output, forward search is availabe when using the pdfsync
LaTeX package and xpdf as PDF viewer. With the pdfsync package forward
search does not rely on source specials. Therefore you don't have to
bother about the provisions for source specials explained above. If
document parsing is enabled, the functionality is usable immediately,
e.g. by typing C-c C-v (TeX-view) which will open the viewer or bring
it to front if it is already opened and display the output page
corresponding to the position of point in the source file.

Can I somehow make AUCTeX work with Sumatra to support C-c C-v the same way as described above? That would be nice. At the moment I use a modified version of kdvi-search.el (provided by the author of the Sumatra patch)

I would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus