[AUCTeX] Re: [ESS] ESS, AUCTeX, S/Rweave (noweb) and mode switching

From: Brett Presnell
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: [ESS] ESS, AUCTeX, S/Rweave (noweb) and mode switching
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:04:37 -0500

G'day Berwin. (c;

Berwin A Turlach <address@hidden> writes:

> But then, I am a bit puzzled why the correct setting of these variables
> are of importance in a .Rnw file.  You cannot run a .Rnw file through
> pdflatex, so after any editing, you would first have to call Sweave.sh
> to create the corresponding .tex file and then pdflatex could be run on
> the master file.  Except if you have some way of doing the .Rnw -> .tex
> step automatically, I do not see any point of hitting C-cC-c in an .Rnw
> buffer.  And if you have automated that step then presumably via a
> makefile?  So why not make the makefile also run pdflatex on the master
> file?  Then you just have to hit C-xC-c in any buffer.  Much easier to
> remember. ;-)

Yes, I do use make for this (ironically I deleted that information
from my original message in an affort to stick to the relevant
essentials).  The problem is not so much the lost of C-cC-n as that
all the information that AUCTeX and RefTeX glean from the .aux files
of the master file and its dependencies is also lost to the .Rnw
buffer.  That causes that the automatic labelling and referencing and
citing stuff to stop working, and I am pretty dependent on those.

I'm rushing out the door right now, but your suggestions for f3 and f4
don't seem to be solving my problem either; I'll play with those more
later.

Best regards,

Brett

--