Re: [AUCTeX] code to include alternate name for a graphic when exported

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] code to include alternate name for a graphic when exported to HTML
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:11:39 +0000

Ralf,

Thanks again, I shall have search of the list for your instructions, but I stll cannot find the Latex code that is needed to provide this alternative text.

Graham

On 01/03/2008, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
* Graham Smith (2008-03-01) writes:

> In HTML and, indeed PDFs, there is an "alt" text option where you provide
> alternative text for the image.

Ah, _that's_ what you mean.

> I have only just started with Aquamacs/Auctex/Beamer and it would have been
> useful to have created "accessibility" ready HTML direct from the Latex
> code, evern if this involved using something like Latex2HTML, but it would
> have been even nicer if the HTML could created directl from Aquamacs/AUCTEX,
> but that is a question I have raised elsewhere.

I don't know how good LaTeX2HTML or (as far as I have heard the better
alternative) TeX4ht support "alt" text.  You'll have to check this
yourself.  But it is no big deal adding a call to one of them to
`TeX-command-list' so that it will show up in the Command menu in
AUCTeX.  I've demonstrated how to do this a few days ago on this list.