[AUCTeX] Re: Precompiled AUCTeX 11.85 for Emacs on Windows

From: Markus Heller
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Precompiled AUCTeX 11.85 for Emacs on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:33:58 -0800

Ralf Angeli wrote:
Hi,

I've prepared a first beta version of a precompiled version of AUCTeX
11.85 for Emacs 22.1 on Windows.  Here is how to use it:

[instructions removed]

Ralf,

I've downloaded and installed Emacs 22.1 and AUCTeX 11.85 on my Windoze XP SP2 box. It seems to work, like I get the `LaTeX' and `Command' menu, but all other LaTeX-related entries in my _emacs seem to be ignored. For example, RefTeX isn't turned on when I load a .tex-file, and fill mode isn't activated either. Emacs finds my _emacs, though ...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Markus

Here's my _emacs:

;;
;; my personal .emacs file
;; created mh/10162007
;;
;; last modified mh/10162007
;;
;; require MikTeX installation
;;
(require 'tex-mik)
;;
;; activate document parsing as described in AucTeX manual
;;
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)
;;
;; activate RefTeX
;;
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
;(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
(setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
;;
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
;;
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(ispell-program-name "ispell -t")
 '(show-paren-mode t)
 '(tool-bar-mode nil))
;;
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )