[AUCTeX] isearch in LaTeX buffers

From: David Reitter
Subject: [AUCTeX] isearch in LaTeX buffers
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:24:38 +0000

AUCTeX nicely inserts the correct quotes when I press the double quote key.

Problems occur, however, when text is edited, where double quotes are represented as two characters each.

Also, "isearch" fails (and, probably, other search mechanisms, also fail) when searching for a quote.

Are there any provisions for these issues by any chance?

(For the isearch issue, some changes to the isearch keymap might be possible. For the editing problem: I don't know.)