Re: [AUCTeX] help:auctex 11.84 cannot correctly parese tex error message

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] help:auctex 11.84 cannot correctly parese tex error message
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:47:17 +0100

* lming (2007-12-20) writes:

> I think this is a mini-example:
> ------------------------
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> \thisWillCauseAnError{}
> \end{document}
> ----------------------
> Then press C-c C-c to call LaTeX to compile it, and press C-c ` to goto
> the error-line. Acutex 11.83 will put the cursor at the line "
> \thisWillCauseAnError{} " . But auctex 11.84 will just open a new buffer
> named "Web2C" then do noting,except showing the error message :
> --- TeX said ---
> l.3 \thisWillCauseAnError
>                          {}
> I have switch to my tex file, and find line 3 by hand. Is there someone
> encounter the same problem?

This is working fine here with Emacs 22.1, AUCTeX 11.84 and pdfTeXk,
Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6).  You likely have a TeX version
which produces output AUCTeX is not able to parse correctly.  If you
send the log file we could analyze it.  And I seem to recall that
somebody has had trouble like this before.  So it could already be
fixed in CVS if you wanna try that.