[AUCTeX] format region without auto-fill

From: Michael A. Gilchrist
Subject: [AUCTeX] format region without auto-fill
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:55:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I am using AucTeX with XEmacs. I would like to use the format-paragraph and format-region options so that all of my lists, paragraphs, etc have some sensible formatting. I do not, however, want the lines to be wrapped using auto-fill (indeed, I don't use auto-fill at all). Is there a variable I can set so that the lines are not cut off. One that comes to mind would be to enable autofill but then set the max line length to infinity (or something of the sort).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike