Re: [AUCTeX] problem with C-c [

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] problem with C-c [
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:05:26 +0200

* Roger Levy (2007-05-24) writes:

> I'm having trouble getting  C-c [  to work with AuCTeX.
>
> I have hard-coded my reftex-bibpath-environment-variables to point to my
> .bib file.  bibtex works fine with that .bib file, but  C-c [  gives the
> following error:
>
>    wrong type argument: stringp, 47

Please execute `M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET', provoke the error again,
and post the resulting backtrace.

> FWIW, I use Mac OS X version 10.4.9, Carbon Emacs version 22.0.50.1, and
>   AuCTeX version 11.81.

Before reporting such a bug it is usually a good idea to upgrade to the
latest version.  Also, AUCTeX comes with a bug reporting function (`M-x
TeX-submit-bug-report RET') which provides some additional information
about your setup.  I'm not sure yet if your problem is related to AUCTeX
or RefTeX, but please use it next time you report a bug.