[AUCTeX] Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:53:59 +0100

* Artemio Gonzalez Lopez (2007-03-11) writes:

> I just built the latest CVS auctex, which includes the font locking
> changes. Unfortunately, under xemacs 21.5-b27 syntax highlighting is now
> completely broken (most of the text is in green, the font is a huge sans
> serif, etc.)

That's due to a bug in XEmacs 21.5 related to the function
`with-syntax-table' I reported over two years ago to the XEmacs
project.  See <URL:http://mid.gmane.org/cp7323$qm7$1%40sea.gmane.org>.
Unfortunately they don't seem to care about such bug reports or don't
have the manpower to fix these bugs.  We are using `with-syntax-table'
at several places, so I'm not sure if I can code around it in a
sensible way.