Re: [AUCTeX] Default for PDF-mode?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Default for PDF-mode?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:43:05 +0100

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

> On 25 Feb 2007, at 10:28, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> There is no reason for this to happen.  Try finding out at which point
>> of time (default-value 'TeX-PDF-mode) changes its value.
>
> Thank you for pointing out that there have been no such changes in
> AUCTeX - I found the problem now, which related to the new (better)
> location of preview-latex.el and a "load" command failing.

You might want to take a look at how tex-mik.el and similar change the
defaults of variables: the code is supposed to avoid
"Variable has changed outside of customize" warnings when the user
tries using
M-x customize-variable RET
on those variables.

I don't know whether this method will work at the point in the load
order where you would set TeX-PDF-mode, but it could be worth a try.