[AUCTeX] auctex not starting with emacsw32

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: [AUCTeX] auctex not starting with emacsw32
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:10:48 -0600

I see a related thread to this that doesn't exactly answer my
question, so sorry if this is a bit of a hot topic.

I have installed auctex successfully in the past in windows using msys
and have also used the recompiled emacs+auctex bundle.  I installed
emacsw32 today and really like it.  It is the first emacs for windows
that seems to have emacsclient working well.

After installing emacsw32, I wanted to install auctex.  I downloaded
the zip file and did everything in the installation instructions using
msys (I guess just ./configure, make and make install).  It all seemed
to go well.  The only problem is that auctex doesn't start when I open
a .tex file.  How can I trouble shoot this?

Thanks,

Ryan