Re: [AUCTeX] Re: automatic completion of styles

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: automatic completion of styles
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:19:04 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Seweryn Kokot (2006-10-18) writes:
>
>> I investigated that a bit and I found that in sources
>> auctex-11.83/latex.el there is a line
>> (TeX-add-style-hook "pstricks" 'TeX-PDF-mode-off)
>> when I comment it out and install again auctex then pstricks.el
>> (dowloaded from http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/pstricks.el)
>> works as expected and for example \psline is available after C-c C-m!
>
> I doubt that this line is the cause.
>
>> Is that mean that emacs/auctex executes (TeX-add-style-hook "pstricks"
>> ...) only once and then blocks any other trials of adding "pstricks" style?
>
> No, it disables TeX PDF mode if PSTricks is used in the document.  The
> assumption is that the document is not to be compiled with PDFTeX in
> PDF mode if PSTricks is used.
>
>> As I mentioned it exists (written by Jean-Philippe Georget),
>> any chance to include it in auctex?
>
> Probably, if he is willing to assign the copyright to the FSF.

I have taken a look at
<URL:http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/pstricks.el> which is
presumably the current version and probably the version written by
JPG, but it is hard to tell on wiki stuff.  So one should probably get
a fresh copy from the author.

Somebody would likely have to translate the interspersed French
comments and DOC strings into English.  The file is quite extensive,
and I have no idea whether it breaks coding conventions or something.
But it could likely be a useful addition.  I'd ask for an assignment
if people are willing to check whether it will be worth the trouble
and whether we have somebody that could do the translation still
required.