[AUCTeX] Problem with Auctex Preview on Fedora

From: Christophe FARGES
Subject: [AUCTeX] Problem with Auctex Preview on Fedora
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:25:18 +0200

Hello,

I'm using Auctex for quite a long time now on my personal laptop (cygwin+xemacs+auctex) and I especially like the preview option. At my office, we have received new computers (PC on linux fedora). I asked the team that manages the computers to install the latest version of auctex for Xemacs. It seems to be installed fine as when I open a TEX document, I have the LaTeX and Preview menus, etc... But when I try to preview the document, I get the following error: " Display geometry unavailable: Symbol's function definition is void: display-pixel-width"
or:
"Symbol's function definition is void: previous-single-char-property-change"
The same document opens fine on my laptop.

My computer knowledge is quite low, but if you can give me some explanations on how to make it work, that would be fine...

Thanks a lot,
Christophe