[AUCTeX] Re: Wish: Editing multi file documents more conveniently

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Wish: Editing multi file documents more conveniently
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:38:14 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Hi David,

>> What do you mean with buffer-visible text?
>
> Text that is visible in the buffer to the buffer's operation.  The
> actual buffer text is \include{foo}, and that is what is visible to
> searching and editing.

Ok. I was not sure if it's possible to have some kind of virtual buffer,
where contents of different buffers are mixed in and changes are
propagated back. This is Emacs, so you'll never know.

>>> Why do you use \include if you want to edit one large file, anyway?
>>
>> I knew that somebody would come up with this and the main reason is,
>> that I have to deal with other people's files, or the beamer class
>> requires several files (for presentation, beamer and content). ;-)
>
> Well, there are some operations in the Ref/Global Actions menu.

Yes, and I'm using those.

Bye and thanks,
Tassilo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.