[AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation

From: Alan Ristow
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:49:49 -0400

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Alan Ristow (2006-07-03) writes:

Thanks -- once I got TeX-macro-global set properly it worked perfectly!

`TeX-macro-global' is set automatically, so you shouldn't have to
change it manually.  What's the output of copying the line
(TeX-macro-global)
into the *scratch* buffer, placing the cursor behind the last
parenthesis and typing `C-j'?

Sorry -- my mistake. I undid my manual setting and everything is working fine. I must have done something incorrectly yesterday.

The preview-latex icon on the toolbar shows up as an empty box, though. Not a big deal by any means, just thought I'd let you know.

That happens with none of my Emacs installations.  Could you please
post the output of `M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET'?

Actually, I think this may have to do with me not knowing how to properly install preview-latex from the snapshot. I noticed that the message window is telling me:

Cannot find image file `e:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/auctex/images/prvtex24.xpm'

At this point I noticed there's a preview directory in the snapshot I downloaded, and the image Emacs is looking for is in preview/images. Does this need to be installed separately from the rest of AUCTeX when using the snapshot?

Sorry for all the newbie mistakes, but thanks so much for your help!

Alan