Re: [AUCTeX] creating a new evironment command

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] creating a new evironment command
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:51:53 +0200

"Ryan Krauss" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using AUCTeX with beamer (a great Latex package for
> presentations), and I need to create a new custom command sort of like
> inserting a figure environment.  Each frame in a presentation has the
> form
>
> \frame{
> \frametitle{Title}
>
> contents
>
> }
>
> How can I set up a command like the one used to insert a figure that
> prompts me for the frametitle and then puts the cursor in the contents
> area?

Support for this has been available for several versions of AUCTeX
already.  Note that beamer nowadays recommends using the "frame"
environment instead (but AUCTeX supports both ways).

Which version of AUCTeX do you use?  Have you enabled document parsing
as explained on the first page of the manual?